Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a 2D artist working for Radiant Worlds in Leamington. I work on all things Branding, UI, Marketing Artwork and Graphic Design. I have also previously worked for British sci-fi comic 2000 AD, Rebellion, Solaris and Abaddon Books.

Monday 16 February 2015

HOW I DO STUFF...

So, I thought I'd do a post to show how I create my 'tribute' prints... This varies depending on what I am working on but the majority are done in this way. In this instance I have chosen Angel Dust as an example.
 
The thing that probably takes the longest is the initial idea. So, normally just scrawling a really rough sketch helps me understand how all the elements are going to work together... Sometimes, this takes 15mins but other times it can take longer depending on whether the ideas are working. I wanted to do my take on the bird from the cover of the album (which I believe is an Egret). I thought it would be cool to show the skull of the bird. Kind of exposed and rotting almost. Basically, for no other reason than I like drawing skulls and I thought it would look cool. Read into it what you will...
 
 
Once the doodle is done, I then draw all elements tonally so I can make sure everything is working together nicely... If I need to change anything from the initial sketch I do it at this stage as this will be the foundation for the line work.
 
 
Next, I go in with the black linework...
 
 
Line work detail
 
 
Next starting to add some colour to the famous star symbol used by Faith No More. This is instantly recognisable to any fan... Also, looks great from a graphical point of view. Really pops of the page
 
 
Starting to add some tones to the bird...
 
 
Final touch of colour then painting in the insects...
 
 
A bit of grunge added to the background then the typography to the bottom of the page... And were done.
 
 
These are available on my shop page along with other prints. Thanks for reading dudes!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Black Parade Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site. Rainbow Sunburst Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible blog here! It's mind boggling posting with the checked and genuinely accommodating data. rip wheeler jacket

    ReplyDelete